Interesting Unknown Facts
- Coca-Cola was originally green.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men!
- You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky
- The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.
Spades - King David
Clubs - Alexander the Great,
Hearts - Charlemagne
Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.
If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.
If the horse has a all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
- What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?
Ans. - All invented by women.
- Question - This is the only food that doesn't spoil. What is this?
Ans. - Honey
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- All polar bears are left handed.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
- In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
- Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.
- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
- Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.
- Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- Most lipstick contains fish scales.
- Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily! That explains it!
- Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
- Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
- The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves.
- The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
- By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
- Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
- The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
- Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them. Not to mention the other drawback.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- Ants never sleep!
- When the moon is directly overhead, you will weigh slightly less.
- Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never called his wife or mother because they were both deaf.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- “I Am” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- Babies are born without knee caps – actually, they’re made of cartilage and the bone hardens between the ages of 2 and 6 years.
- Happy Birthday (the song) is copyrighted.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
- The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
- Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from the blowing desert sand.
- Money isn’t made out of paper. It’s made out of cotton.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
- Chocolate can kill dogs, as it contains theobromine, which affects their heart and nervous system.
- There are only two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: “abstemious” and “facetious.”
- The shortest English word that contains the letters A, B, C, D, E, and F is “feedback.”
- Almonds are a member of the peach family, and apples belong to the rose family.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- The planet Venus does not tilt, so consequently, it has no seasons. It is the only planet that rotates clock-wise.
- Molecularly speaking, water is actually much drier than sand.
- Human tonsils can bounce higher than a rubber ball of similar weight and size, but only for the first 30 minutes after they’ve been removed.
- Moths are unable to fly during an earthquake.
- Contrary to popular belief, the white is not the healthiest part of an egg. It’s actually the shell.
- Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.
- Hot water will turn into ice faster then cold water.
- Pumice is the only rock that floats in water.
- Camel’s milk does not curdle.
- Your foot is the same length as your forearm, and your thumb is the same length as your nose. Also, the length of your lips is the same as the index finger.
- Natural pearls melt in vinegar.
- Buttermilk does not contain any butter.
- The human brain is 80% water.
- Men’s shirts have the buttons on the right while women’s shirts have the buttons on the left.
- Human fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
- The Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt holds a constant temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.
- Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age.
- It takes approximately 2 million flowers for a bee to make 1 pound of honey.
- Human saliva has a boiling point three times that of regular water.
- It is physically impossible to urinate and give blood at the same time.
- The letter J does not appear anywhere in the periodic table of the elements.
- The right lung of a human is larger than the left one. This is because of the space and placement of the heart.
- Watermelons, which are 92% water, originated from the Kalahari Desert in Africa.
- The hair of some cancer patients treated with chemotherapy can grow back in a different colour, and sometimes even be curly or straight.
- Dolphins can swim and sleep at the same time, as they sleep with one eye open.
- Each nostril of a human being registers smell in a different way. Those by the right nostril are more pleasant than the left.
I hope you will be like this.
Rasheed Ahmed .K