In earlier phase when digital cameras were only 2 or 3 MP’s, each megapixel mattered if you were making bigger prints. There was little observable difference between cameras with apparently different ratings. For instance, a 3 MP camera pretty much looks the same as a 6 MP camera, even when blown up to 12 x 18″ (30x50cm)!
Sharpness depends more on your photographic skill than the number of megapixels, because most people’s careless technique or subject motion blurs the image more than the width of a microscopic pixel. Color and quality are far more important theoretically. Some lower resolution digital cameras made better images than some higher resolution ones.
12 Megapixels Cameras
Resolution of 12 megapixel cameras pictures at 4200-pixels-by-2800-pixels pictures taken with the cameras print out in sizes up to 16-inches-by-24-inches with a clear resolution. 12 megapixels cameras are use for the pros, its detail needs to be managed and changed, enlarged, cropped and turned into the kind of work you see in National Geographic kind of channels.
Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ7
Panasonic introduced the Lumix DMC-TZ7 as the most up-to-date member of its commended TZ series. With 10.1-megapixel, a 25mm ultra-wide-angle lens and 12x optical zoom, the Lumix TZ7 (in the USA known as Lumix ZS3) is a valuable addition to a series of digital cameras that have won worldwide popularity for packing powerful zoom lenses into compact bodies. The Panasonic Lumix TZ7 is a powerhouse performer with massive adaptability.
- The Panasonic DMC-TZ7 is the world’s first digital camera that records motion image in AVCHD Lite.
- Panasonic’s brainy Auto mode function makes it easy to get sharp and clear photos iA mode is also available in Movie Mode this consist of Face Recognition, which “remembers” faces from previous shots.
- Have the benefit of images and movies on the 3″ LCD screen by just inserting the SDHC/SD memory card from the camera in the VIERA Image Viewer (built-in SDHC/SD Memory Card slot) on a VIERA HDTV to start playback. The Lumix TZ7 features a 3-inch, high resolution 460,000-dot Intelligent LCD with a wide viewing angle, improving visibility during recording & playback.
- The Panasonic Lumix TZ7 digital camera features a premium quality of Leica DC Vario Elmar 25mm ultra-wide-angle lens with a 12x optical zoom. A lens like this, with a range from 25mm to 300mm in 35mm film. The Extra Optical Zoom function that extends zoom power to 21.4x (at 3-megapixel resolution) by using the center part of the large CCD to bring subjects even closer without fading the image quality.
- The Lumix DMC-TZ7 has a 12-megapixel CCD and shoots with up to 10-megapixel resolution. This is because the CCD on the Panasonic Lumix TZ7 is multi-aspect that can reproduce images shot with the lens so you can always capture vibrant, richly expressive shots with a wide viewpoint.
- Available functions in motion image recording mode the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 also provides a Color mode and carries over 17 different scene modes from photo scene modes in movie recording. In AVCHD Lite recording, you can select from three levels of motion image quality: SH (17 Mbps), H (13 Mbps) and L (9 Mbps).
- Panasonic DMC-TZ7 Quick AF system makes focusing easy keep focus on the theme while the camera is in recording mode even before pressing the shutter button halfway. This improves the result out of a shutter chance because the focus is always near the subject and AF time is minimized.
- Panasonic Lumix functions continue to evolve. Thanks to a rich variety of 27 scene modes for still image and 17 for motion image (Portrait, Soft Skin, Transform, Self portrait, Scenery, Low light, Food, Party, Candle light, Sunset, Beach, Snow, Aerial, High Sensitivity, Pin hole, Film grain and Underwater), capturing attractive videos is effortless with the DMC-TZ7. With the new Macro Zoom function.
- The latest version of the exciting bundled software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 3.0 HD Edition allows you to view, edit and archive your captured contents with greater ease and fun. Still and motion images can be transferred to the PC via a USB cable for screening and archiving on the PC with the PHOTOfunSTUDIO 3.0 HD Edition installed.
- The Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ7 camera will be available in silver, blue of about Rs. 24990.00
Sony CyberShot DSC W510
Among the new Sony cameras CyberShot DSC-W510 contain SteadyShot image stabilization that reduces blur, iAuto mode that mechanically optimizes camera settings plus Face Detection and Smile Shutter technology, making it easy and affordable to get the best shot.
- 26mm equivalent lens with 4x optical zoom
- Capture breathtaking images in Sweep Panorama mode
- SteadyShot image stabilization reduces blur
- 12.1-megapixel 2.7-inch LCD screen for easy viewing
- Panorama pictures mode, utilizes a CCD sensor to capture dramatic panoramic scenes. The Sony CyberShot W510 camera shoots images incessantly to capture wide landscapes or tall buildings in one easy “press and sweep” motion. Images are automatically stitched together to create one astonishing panoramic photo.
- The spot, “In-Camera Guide” is accessible from the menu button on the Sony W510 digital camera and allows users to easily search by purpose or keyword for functions they seek.
- Pictures in high quality Intelligent Auto (iAUTO) mode automatically adjusts exposure and other camera settings for finest results in a wide range of shooting situations.
- Photos upload memory to your favorite sharing sites on the web with a few mouse clicks. PMB Portable software inside the camera lets you select and transfer photos and video clips to any web-connected PC
- Enhanced Face Detection automatically adjusts camera settings for clear, crisp results with natural skin tones. Smile Shutter fires the shutter automatically when your subject smiles capture beautiful, smiling portraits of friends and family without fuss to capture those happy moments.
- Wide angle Lens lets you pack more into the picture without having to stand further back from the subject. Like landscapes, architectural shots, interiors and even family scenes can produce disappointing results when a scene gets cut off at the edges.
- The Sony CyberShot DSC-W510 camera will be available in silver, black, pink and red of about Rs.6990.00.
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR
The FinePix F200EXR is designed to be perfect camera for the photographic aficionado. It utilizes brand new, ground-breaking technology to create a unique level of image quality from a consumer level compact.
- Brand NEW Super CCD EXR 12 megapixel switchable sensor
- 5x (28-140mm) wide-angle optical zoom lens
- Dual image stabilization
- 3” clear view LCD screen
- Ultra high sensitivity in low light (ISO 6400 at 12MP resolution & 12800 at 3MP resolution)
- Full manual controls (aperture & shutter priority)
- EXR Auto (Portrait, Night, Macro, Landscape. Night portrait & Backlit portrait)
- Film recreation mode (Standard, Vivid, Soft, Black & White, Sepia)
- Full Photo HD output
- A Super CCD capable of registering excellent levels of detail when switched to its high resolution mode,
- Prepared with flexible photographic sensor by the demand for higher pixel counts, yet conscious that high concentrations of pixels on small sensors can produce diminishing quality returns, Fujifilm engineers had a drastic rethink about sensor technology.
- The Fuji FinePix F200EXR offers 3 modes in one sensor:
- High Resolution mode, which organize all twelve million pixels
- High Sensitivity and Low Noise mode, which caps 2 adjoining pixels together to produce 6 million large photo-diodes.
- Wide Dynamic Range mode, which captures different experience with two sets of six million pixels,
- Photographic versatility is extended yet further with the addition of six Film Simulation modes. Producing beautiful images is something which is in the very DNA of Fujifilm, and Fujifilm engineers are determined to leverage the considerable strengths gained through years of perfecting film to making the best sensor possible
- Images captured by the Fujifilm FinePix F200 EXR look breathtaking when displayed on an HDTV. With standard HD cameras, HD-out means pictures can be displayed in the correct aspect ratio in excellent resolution.
- The Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR will be available in silver & black of about Rs. 20,999.
Olympus T-110 Digital Camera
The Olympus T-110 is a compact digital camera that merges small form factors with slim, stylish designs and extremely easy operation. Olympus compact camera automatically identify 4 different types of scenes (Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene & Portrait, Macro) and adjusts the digital camera settings accordingly.
- The new Olympus digital camera uses a SD or SDHC flash memory card to store the data on. The Olympus T-110 camera runs on a LI-80B Lithium Ion battery that needs to be charged via a battery charger. It is also possible to choose for USB charging.
- The back of the Olympus T-110 digital camera shows a 2.7-inch LCD display. The Olympus compact camera needs a standard optical viewfinder.
- The Magic Filter, you can choose from four different effects (Pop art, Drawing, Pin hole, Fish eye) that make photography more electrifying
- As well as still images at 12 Megapixel resolution the Olympus T-110 compact camera can also capture standard movies at VGA (640 x 480 pixels) resolution.
- For shooting fancy portraits the camera supports Face Detection AF with which the camera detects and focuses on human faces automatically.
- Help Guide that displays easy-to-understand explanations about camera modes and other functions to help users make the best selection.
- The Olympus T-110 will be available in silver of about Rs. 5,999.
Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Replacing the popular PowerShot SX120 IS, this new camera model offers a mass of intellectual features to make it easier to confine important moments in both high-quality still images and High Definition movies. With its compact design, spontaneous controls and long zoom lens, this is the perfect camera for those who want an easy-to-use, take-anywhere digital camera.
- 12x, wide-angle (28mm) lens with IS
- 12.1 MP CCD
- Smart Auto and Easy modes detect 28 scene types
- 7.5 cm (3.0″) LCD
- HD movies
- Smart Shutter with Wink Self-Timer
- Shooting modes include Miniature Effect movie
- Hints & Tips
- Full Manual control
- 12.1 Megapixel sensor for large, comprehensive prints, and DIGIC 4 image processing, The 12x optical zoom ranges from wide angle (28mm) to telephoto (336mm), making the camera equally ideal for wide-angle group shots and taking on sightseeing trips.
- The large, 7.5cm (3.0”) LCD screen, with a 230k dot resolution and optional on-screen Hints & Tips. A wide viewing angle also enables shooting from awkward angles, as well as sharing the results with groups of friends immediately after the picture is taken.
- Supports 720p HD video with stereo sound, new SDXC memory cards, enabling up to 2TB of video and full-resolution stills to be stored without needing to change card.
- Servo AF and AE automatically adjusts focus and exposure when tracking a moving subject, while Smart Shutter with Face Detection technology, controlling the shutter with a wink & Blink detection of the subjects has their eyes closed, allowing a better image to be shot.
- Miniature Effect is available in both movie and still image capture, mimicking the effects of a tilt-shift lens to give subjects a model-like profile. Fish-eye Effect replicates the distortion of a fish-eye lens, adding a new angle to portrait and landscape shots. Super Vivid boosts color dispersion, while Poster
- Share photos via Canon iMAGE Gateway and video up to 2GB of personal storage capacity is available, Mobile browsing is also supported.
- The Canon SX130 IS will be available in Black of about Rs. 12,995.
Nikon Coolpix S5100
- With 5x optical zoom and a range of 28-140 mm (35mm equivalent), joined to a CCD image sensor with an effective resolution of 12.2 Megapixels, the Nikon S5100 fits nicely in between them.
- The new EXPEED 2 processor camera, with video and a better performance of the high ISOs.
- ViewNX 2 is now delivered with all Nikon cameras, compact as well as DSLR, and guarantees a user-friendly method of image editing and management. The creative proletarian photographer can live it up with this software.
- It is a camera that you can carry in your pocket just like your cell phone and use at any time to capture a favorite moment. The wide angle zoom with a light tele of 140mm makes it possible to shoot all-round.
- The 5x optical zoom is supported by a built-in optical image stabilizer (VR), also automatically detects if the camera is on a tripod or hand-held. Such detection optimizes the camera settings.
- The Canon SX130 IS will be available in Pink, Red, Purple & Black of about Rs. 10000.